Free The Spirit Festival
Join us on Saturday, September 26, 2015
for the Free The Spirit Festival!
What is the Free The Spirit Festival?
It’s a celebration! We’re inviting all of the people we support, our staff, volunteers, your family & friends and the whole community to celebrate the value of people with developmental disabilities and autism in an inclusive environment. Admission is free and after the fundraising walk, the Buhler Gardens will be set up with food, games, music and a petting zoo – activities for the whole family.
The Festival is free for all to attend!
Why are we raising funds?
St.Amant works to improve the quality of life of people with developmental disabilities in Manitoba so they can fulfill their true potential. Our goal is to provide supports to each individuals that enhance choice and quality of life. Proceeds from the Festival will support:
- St.Amant Leisure Guide: similar to the City of Winnipeg’s program however offering modified activities specifically tailored to one’s ability (e.g. crafts, dance, swim, Funky Monkey café, etc)
- Recreation: support positive social relationships, restores balance in life and provides a variety of choices (e.g. attend sporting and cultural events, community activities, or even have the chance to visit one’s family that live out of Winnipeg)
- Personal Items & Equipment: priority to support the purchase of prescription glasses, hearing aids, power units for lifts, speech and communication devices, dental procedures
- Education & Technology: provide an opportunity to continue post- secondary education, literacy and computer classes, driver’s education course, tutoring and more with the appropriate technology needs to help ensure a positive experience.
How can you help?
There are four easy ways to get involved:
- Become a sponsor
- Register as an individual
- Register a team
- Volunteer (send an email to email@example.com to sign up)
Top Individual Fundraiser receives a $300 Walmart Gift Card! Top Fundraising Team receives a Boston Pizza party!
More information is still to come, check this page often!