The City of Winnipeg has committed to reviewing the Winnipeg Zoning By-law on a regular basis. For 2016, one of the major amendments is modernizing zoning standards for community homes (care homes).
Let the City know if you agree with their recommendations by completing this short survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MDHYNRW. You can also provide some feedback.
City of Winnipeg Proposed Changes:
• Eliminate the current separation distance requirements for community homes (care homes).
• Retain the current maximum of 6 persons for community homes (care homes).
• Include language in the definitions to ensure that community homes (care homes) are developed in a manner similar to single-family homes when located in single-family, two-family and rural residential districts.
• Make no changes to the zoning districts in which community homes (care homes) are currently permitted or conditional.
• Separation distances can limit the choice of residents of community homes (care homes).