Dear Health & Transition Services Families:
Today we were advised that another employee within the Stabilization Service in Health & Transition Services tested positive for COVID-19. This employee last worked November 6.
The contact tracing for the first COVID case this morning has been completed and contact tracing for this employee has already begun. We continue to monitor all people supported within the Stabilization Unit closely for symptoms. This employee has little to no contact with the people receiving services.
All areas of Stabilization Services have had an enhanced cleaning, including: all cottages, common areas and affected offices. This includes cleaning, sanitizing high touch surfaces and use of the electrostatic sprayer on large open areas.
As outlines earlier today, the outbreak protocols continue throughout Health & Transition Services:
- We are suspending all admissions and rescheduling respite stays
- We are suspending all visitation until contact tracing is complete and the situation has stabilized a bit. Virtual visits are still available.
- We are completing a deep clean of the Stabilization Services area and all common areas of the building.
- We are temporarily limiting non-essential movement of residents off the Stabilization Services units until things stabilize
- We will continue to limit staff movement between areas as much as possible
- We are cancelling all external clinics temporarily
- We continue to support residents to perform good hand hygiene and physical distancing.
- We know that this news will feel very unsettling. I do want to reassure that all staff:
- Pre-screen daily before coming to work
- Stay home if they have any symptoms
- Wear full Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at all times
Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have questions. We are doing our absolute best to ensure everyone’s health and safety.
Director of Health & Transition Services