Dear St.Amant Families:
Re: COVID-19 Preparation and Information
The COVID-19 pandemic continues to evolve worldwide with more countries reporting cases and an overall increase in case numbers.
We want to let you know that St.Amant has a pandemic plan and is receiving frequent daily updates from Public Health and Shared Health and the safety and wellbeing of the people we support, staff, volunteers and families is our number one priority.
Manitoba Health, Seniors and Active Living is recommending the following:
- If you have symptoms of a respiratory illness (regardless of travel), even if mild, stay home until all symptoms are gone. If a family member is sick, keep them home
- If you have a compromised immune system, avoid places where groups of people gather
- Wash your hands, cover your cough and avoid touching (handshakes etc)
- If you have upcoming travel plans consider the following:
- Review the latest Government of Canada COVID-19 related travel advisories at travel.gc.ca
- Consider deferring travel if non-essential.
- Beware that health care services maybe limited in some areas, and travel restrictions, including quarantine, may be put in place with little notice.
- After traveling, self-monitor for symptoms of COVID-19(e.g.,fever, cough, runny nose, sore throat, shortness of breath or breathing difficulties) for 14 days after your return. Should you develop COVID-19 symptoms self-isolate immediately and call Health Links-Info Santé for more information.
- After travelling to affected areas (Italy, Iran and the province of Hubei, China) self-isolate for 14 days.
At this time programs and services are operating as usual. If we need to modify or cancel programs, we will let you know as soon as possible. Large events at 440 River Road are being temporarily postponed.
If you have questions, please contact your healthcare provider. For more information, contact Health Links at 204-788-8200 or visit the Manitoba Health website: www.gov.mb.ca/health. We will also be sharing updates on the St.Amant website at www.stamant.ca.
Thank you for your cooperation,
A/President & CEO