Dear Health & Transition Services Family Members:
We have recently become aware of a person supported in Health & Transition Services who has tested positive for COVID-19. The person supported within the Adult Health Service developed symptoms on December 2 and has been isolating since that time. We have now moved that individual to our COVID cohort space away from all other residents.
We are in the process of working through contact tracing and have been in contact with Public Health. All people supported within Adult Health Services will be closely monitored for symptoms.
Our facility is now considered in “Outbreak Status” on the provincial Pandemic Response System for a minimum of 30 days. Out of an abundance of caution, we are going to immediately suspend ALL visits until we can complete the contact tracing and finalize our risk assessment.
- Outbreak protocols have been initiated throughout Health & Transition Services. What this means for you and your family member and for staff is:
- We are suspending all admissions and rescheduling respite stays.
- We are suspending all visitation until contact tracing is complete and the situation has stabilized a bit. Virtual visits and Window Wishes are still available.
- We are completing a deep clean of the Adult Health Services and all common areas of the building.
- We are temporarily limiting non-essential movement of people supported off Adult Health Services until things stabilize.
- We will continue to limit staff movement between service areas as much as possible.
- We are temporarily cancelling all external clinics.
- We continue to support your loved ones to perform good hand hygiene and physical distancing.
All people supported within Health & Transition Services will continue to be monitored closely.
We are continuing to work on the contact tracing, and as of right now there is no requirement for asymptomatic testing or isolation. Updates will be provided to you if this changes for your family member.
Once visitation is permitted, we will let you know as soon as possible.
Please feel free to call Joanne van Dyck at 204-256-4301 ext. 4226 at any time if you have questions.
Thank you for your ongoing support and confidence in our team.
Director, Health & Transition Services