Dear Health & Transition Services Family Members:
We have recently become aware of another person supported in Health & Transition Services who has tested positive for COVID-19. The person supported within the Adult Health Service (3rd floor west) developed symptoms on Saturday, December 5.
We are in the process of working through our contact tracing process and have been in contact with Public Health. All people supported within
Adult Health Services are being closely monitored for symptoms.
Our facility continues to be in “Outbreak Status” on the provincial Pandemic Response System for a minimum of 30 days. ALL visits continue to be suspended until we can complete the contact tracing and have finalized our risk assessment.
We have initiated our outbreak protocols throughout Health & Transition Services. What this means for you and your family member and for staff is:
- We are continuing to suspend all admissions and rescheduling respite stays
- We are continuing to suspend all visitation until contact tracing is complete and the situation has stabilized a bit. Virtual visits are still available.
- We are completing a deep clean of the Adult Health Services and all common areas of the building.
- We are continuing to limit non-essential movement of people supported off Adult Health Services until things stabilize
- We will continue to limit staff movement between service areas as much as possible
- We have temporarily cancelled all external clinics
- We continue to support your loved ones to perform good hand hygiene and physical distancing
All people supported within Health & Transition Services will continue to be monitored closely. Work continues on the contact tracing, and we completed asymptomatic testing for all supported on AHSW yesterday. Everyone supported on AHSW remain in isolation.
We will let you know as soon as visitation is permitted again.
Please feel free to call Joanne van Dyck at 204-256-4301 ext. 4226 at any time if you have questions.
Thank you for your ongoing support and confidence in our team.
Director, Health & Transition Services