Dear Health & Transition Services Family Members:
We have recently become aware of a person supported in our Respite Program within Health & Transition Services who has tested positive for COVID-19. The person is supported within the Child & Young Health Service, was tested asymptomatically, and has been self-isolating. The family have been notified and have taken them home, today. Public Health has already been in contact with the family.
We are in the process of working through our contact tracing process and have been in contact with Public Health. All people supported within Child & Young Adult Health Services will be closely monitored for symptoms.
Our facility is now be considered in “Outbreak Status” on the provincial Pandemic Response System for a minimum of 30 days. Out of an abundance of caution, we have immediately suspended ALL visits until we can complete the contact tracing and have finalized our risk assessment.
We have initiated our outbreak protocols throughout Health & Transition Services. What this means for you and your family member and for staff is:
- We are suspending all admissions and rescheduling respite stays
- We are suspending all visitation until contact tracing is complete and the situation has stabilized a bit. Virtual visits and Window Wishes are still available.
- We are completing a deep clean of Child & Young Adult Health Services and all common areas of the building.
- We are temporarily limiting non-essential movement of people supported off Child & Young Adult Health Services until things stabilize
- We will continue to limit staff movement between service areas as much as possible
- We are temporarily cancelling all external clinics
- We continue to support your loved ones to perform good hand hygiene and physical distancing
We will continue to monitor all people supported within Health & Transition Services closely.
We are continuing to work on the contact tracing, and as of right now there is no requirement for asymptomatic testing or isolation. We will update you if this changes for your family member. We will let you know as soon as visitation is permitted again.
Please feel free to call me at 204-256-4301 ext. 4226 at any time if you have questions.
Thank you for your ongoing support and confidence in our team.
Joanne van Dyck, Senior Manager and On-Call
Health & Transition Services