Dear Health & Transition Services Family Members:
We have recently become aware of a health-care worker in Health & Transition Services who has tested positive for COVID-19. The employee works within the Stabilization Service and last worked on November 1.
We are in the process of working through our contact tracing process and have been in contact with Public Health. All people supported within the Stabilization Unit will be closely monitored for symptoms.
Our facility will now be considered in “Outbreak Status” on the provincial Pandemic Response System for a minimum of 30 days. Out of an abundance of caution, we are going to immediately suspend all visits until we can complete the contact tracing and have finalized our risk assessment.
We have initiated our outbreak protocols throughout Health & Transition Services. What this means for you and your family member and for staff is:
- We are suspending all admissions and rescheduling respite stays.
- We are suspending all visitation until contact tracing is complete and the situation has stabilized a bit. Virtual visits are still available.
- We are completing a deep clean of the Stabilization Services area and all common areas of the building.
- We are temporarily limiting non-essential movement of residents off the Stabilization Services units until things stabilize.
- We will continue to limit staff movement between areas as much as possible
- We are cancelling all external clinics temporarily.
- We continue to support your loved ones to perform good hand hygiene and physical distancing.
We will continue to monitor all people supported within Health & Transition Services closely. We are continuing to work on the contact tracing, and as of right now there is no requirement for asymptomatic testing or isolation. We will update you if this changes for your family member.
We will let you know as soon as visitation is permitted again.
Please feel free to call Joanne van Dyck at 204-256-4301 ext. 4226 at any time if you have questions.
Thank you for your ongoing support and confidence in our team.
Director of Health & Transition Services