Everyone is invited to come to the picnic, grab a yard sign, some pins and show your support for this campaign. The Disability Matters Vote 2016 campaign made an impression on our government and potentially saved our sector from funding cuts.
What: DISABILITY MATTERS VOTE CAMPAIGN LAUNCH PICNIC
When: 11 am to 2 pm on Thursday, July 4 (program starts at noon)
Where: Assiniboine Park – Pavilion Event Tent entrance (rain or shine!)
Accessible parking lot and washrooms nearby
- David Kron, Executive Director Cerebral Palsy Assoication of Manitoba
- Heather Stefanson, Minister of Families, Deputy Premier, MLA for Tuxedo
- Dougald Lamont, Leader of the Manitoba Liberal Party
- Wab Kinew, Leader of the New Democratic Party of Manitoba
- James Beddome, Leader of the Green Party of Manitoba
- Scott Smith, family advocate
- Margo Powell, Executive Director, Abilities Manitoba
Check out this inspiring video from the last campaign for a sense of what’s ahead!