The Fulfilling Potential Workshop Series are FREE workshops throughout the year. These workshops are a user-friendly introduction to practical concepts and strategies for teaching skills and managing challenging behaviour with compassion and effectiveness. Classes are developed and instructed by Manitoba’s leading experts in applied behaviour analysis.
Who are These Workshops for?
- This series is open to any individuals or teams who support or work with people who present challenging behavioural needs – especially individuals with developmental disabilities or autism.
- Individuals who support children will find our workshops to be especially beneficial; however, our content is also relevant to youth and adults, including those with and those without disabilities and delays.
- Some of our most frequent workshop participants include school staff, childcare centers, and parents and caregivers – and our feedback has been very positive!
- Participants also often include social workers, foster parents, students, summer camps, dental professionals, supported employment staff, direct support professionals, and many others.
|9:30AM-12:00PM||January 21, 2020|| Understanding and Managing Challenging Behaviour 1
**This class is a prerequisite for Understanding & Managing Challenging Behaviour 2**
|9:30AM-12:00PM||January 28, 2020||Understanding and Managing Challenging Behaviour 2
**Participants must first complete Understanding & Managing Challenging Behaviour 1**
|9:30AM-12:00PM||February 4, 2020||Effective Goals and Teaching Strategies 1
**This class is a prerequisite for Effective Goals and Teaching Strategies**
|9:30AM-12:00PM||February 11, 2020||Effective Goals and Teaching Strategies 2 *NEW*
**Participants must first complete Effective Goals and Teaching Strategies 1**
|9:30AM-12:00PM||February 18, 2020||Introduction to Autism Spectrum Disorder and ABA||Online Webinar|
|9:30AM-12:00PM||February 25, 2020||Potty Training Like a Pro||Online Webinar|
To register or to get more information, please contact April Plett at email@example.com.
In our workshops you can learn about:
- Practical frameworks for understanding how human beings learn valuable life skills, coping mechanisms, social skills, communication, and more!
- Models for understanding challenging behaviour – and strategies to help manage it
- Introduction to the formal characteristics of autism spectrum disorder and how they can affect one’s quality of life.
- The importance of data collection and how to do it.
- Realistic tips for teaching skills that work in the classroom, home, and community settings.
- Tips for efficiently setting goals for increased independence and long-term quality of living.
- Many real examples and case studies are included, which support learning and extend important concepts to real-world settings, including applications with adults, children, employees, students, and those with- and without developmental or learning disabilities.
The Fulfilling Potential Workshop Series is now also offered electronically via live online webinar for those in rural locations or who otherwise cannot attend our in-person classes.