The Fulfilling Potential Workshop Series are FREE online workshops throughout the year. These workshops are a user-friendly introduction to practical concepts and strategies for teaching skills and managing challenging behaviour with compassion and effectiveness. Classes are developed and instructed by Manitoba’s leading experts in applied behaviour analysis.
Who are these workshops for?
- This series is open to any individuals or teams who support or work with people who present challenging behavioural needs – especially individuals with developmental disabilities or autism.
- Individuals who support children will find our workshops to be especially beneficial; however, our content is also relevant to youth and adults, including those with and those without disabilities and delays.
- Some of our most frequent workshop participants include school staff, childcare centers, and parents and caregivers – and our feedback has been very positive!
- Participants also often include social workers, foster parents, students, summer camps, dental professionals, supported employment staff, direct support professionals, and many others.
July 23 – September 3, 2020 | 9:30 am-12:00 pm | Webinar
July 23: Understanding & Managing Challenging Behaviour 1
July 30: Understanding & Managing Challenging Behaviour 2
August 6: Effective Goals & Teaching Strategies 1
August 13: Effective Goals & Teaching Strategies 2
August 20: Introduction to Autism Spectrum Disorder and ABA
August 27: Planning Happy Days (New Class)
September 3: Potty Training Like a Pro
October 6 – November 17, 2020 | 6:30 pm-9 pm | Webinar
October 6: Understanding & Managing Challenging Behaviour 1
October 13: Understanding & Managing Challenging Behaviour 2
October 20: Effective Goals & Teaching Strategies 1
October 27: Effective Goals & Teaching Strategies 2
November 3: Introduction to Autism Spectrum Disorder and ABA
November 10: Planning Happy Days
November 17: Potty Training Like a Pro
Register online: https://stamant.typeform.com/to/p1NU0ftF#source=fb
For more information, please contact April Plett at email@example.com.
In our workshops you can learn about:
- Practical frameworks for understanding how human beings learn valuable life skills, coping mechanisms, social skills, communication, and more!
- Models for understanding challenging behaviour – and strategies to help manage it
- Introduction to the formal characteristics of autism spectrum disorder and how they can affect one’s quality of life.
- The importance of data collection and how to do it.
- Realistic tips for teaching skills that work in the classroom, home, and community settings.
- Tips for efficiently setting goals for increased independence and long-term quality of living.
- Many real examples and case studies are included, which support learning and extend important concepts to real-world settings, including applications with adults, children, employees, students, and those with- and without developmental or learning disabilities.