Manitoba Finance is beginning preparations for the 2017 provincial budget and is asking for input from Manitobans.
Small businesses, non-profit groups, Indigenous organizations, industry representatives and individuals from every region of Manitoba are invited to participate in this important process by making a submission at www.yourprovinceyourplan.ca. All Manitobans are also invited to present their views via a new, interactive build-a-budget tool which can be found at www.yourprovinceyourplan.ca
The deadline for written submissions will be November 9, 2016.
The completed submission may be returned by filling out the online form at www.YourProvinceYourPlan.ca or be sent by mail to:
Office of the Minister of Finance
Winnipeg, MB R3C 0V8
Please ensure you keep your submissions to a maximum of 1500 words and include information that addresses the themes Manitoba Finance will be reflecting on throughout this process. This includes making front-line services more efficient, opportunities for growing Manitoba’s economy and strengthening the northern economy.
Participation in www.yourprovinceyourplan.ca will continue to be accepted into early 2017.
Several in-person consultations to allow Manitobans to offer their ideas and input for Budget 2017 are scheduled to take place as well. The finance minister is hosting formal pre-budget consultation meetings starting today until October 26 in several communities across Manitoba including:
• Today in Winnipeg from 7 to 9 p.m. at the Canad Inns Transcona, Ambassador Room A, 826 Regent Ave. West;
• Thursday, Oct. 20 in Brandon from 7 to 9 p.m. at 1-545 Conservation Dr.;
• Friday, Oct. 21 in Swan River from 7 to 9 p.m. at 473 Westwood Rd.;
• Monday, Oct. 24 in Thompson from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. at 274 Thompson Dr.; and
• Wednesday, Oct. 26 in Winnipeg from 7 to 9 p.m. at the Winnipeg Grand Mosque at 2445 Waverley St.