You may have heard that there are a number of individuals supported at St.Amant’s River Road Place who have come down with influenza. As such we are taking precautions to prevent the spread of the flu and to protect the folks who live here from people who may be sick or who did not receive the flu shot and may be inadvertently transmitting the illness.
- Notifying visitors that influenza is present
- Asking visitors not to visit at this time
- Closing units where individuals are ill to prevent the spread (means that people will stay on their own living units)
- Staff that are not required to be on the living units are to refrain from going onto the units
- Offering the flu shot to staff who may not have received one yet
- Cancelling volunteers and non-essential events (Sunday mass, FM Café)
- Using vigilant hand hygiene and environmental cleaning of surfaces and high touch areas using disinfectant wipes
Current units that are closed:
- 1 East
- 2 East
- 3 East
- 1 West
- 2 West
- Cedarview Cottage
We strongly encourage visitors to consider waiting until next week to visit. If you must visit, please use the alcohol based hand sanitizer upon entry and exit.
If you have any questions please contact your Resident Care Manager.
We will update you next Monday on the status of River Road Place.