Recent stay at home orders and physical distancing recommendations have given us a taste of the isolation and loneliness that many people with disabilities feel; not just during a global pandemic, but every day. We are reminded daily of the importance of connection, communication and community.
Unfortunately, the COVID-19 pandemic has forced many of our generous community partners to cancel all our spring and summer fundraising events. This will lead to significant financial losses and will reduce the assistance we can offer people supported by St.Amant. Because of this, we need your help.
Your donation will be matched dollar for dollar, up to $10,000, by a generous donor in memory of Marcel Thompson!
For every dollar you give, two dollars of support will be received! Your past support demonstrates your commitment to increasing the quality of life for children and adults with developmental disabilities and autism and your generosity is needed once again.
If you give today, your donation will go even further!
Your gift today will help alleviate loneliness, boredom, isolation and anxiety and will help fund:
• Tablets and laptops to connect people we support with their family and friends, and with mental and spiritual health resources
• Streaming services such as Netflix or Disney+ for education and entertainment
• Gift cards for restaurants that offer delivery service, for special nights at home that also help local businesses
• Outdoor furniture, adapted bikes and raised garden beds to connect people with their neighbours, giving them a breath of fresh air, and a break from the monotony of long days stuck inside.
• Overhead lifts, adapted power wheelchairs, and equipment to increase accessibility and ensure the safety of our frontline staff and the people being supported.
Your support will give more than 2,000 people something to look forward to!
Every dollar you give will be thoughtfully invested to make people happier, and to feel more connected and less isolated. Although some Manitoba businesses are beginning to reopen, many of the people supported by St.Amant have complex medical issues and are at increased health risk. This will mean many more weeks of physical distancing, restricted visitation and isolation. Your support will help to ease some of this stress.
Please give today:
• Online at stamant.ca/COVID-19
• Mail your cheque or credit card number with the accompanying reply device and use the reply envelope to mail to: St.Amant Foundation 440 River Rd, Winnipeg, MB R2M 3Z9
• Call Noreen at 204-258-7073
Your generosity and commitment to the 2,000 people supported by St.Amant and their families are treasured gifts today, and always.
Thank you for your support and stay safe,
Director, St.Amant Foundation
P.S. Your donation will be matched, up to $10,000, so that every dollar you give is DOUBLED!
P.P.S. Donate by June 15th to make an immediate difference.