Participants Needed For Research Study on the Effects of a Mindfulness-Based Training Program on Behaviour Intervention Procedural Fidelity.
Are you an Autism Tutor working in the classrooms?
- We are seeking Autism Tutors from St.Amant Autism Programs
- You must work in an autism classroom OR at a daycare centre
- You must also have at least 3 months of experience working as an autism tutor (anywhere).
What is the study about?
- The purpose of this research is to learn whether a mindfulness-based training program tailored for employees helps them to apply Discrete-Trials Teaching procedures more accurately.
- The mindfulness training program aims to improve several facets of your job performance and well-being, which may also benefit the children served.
What is involved?
- You will complete mindfulness training sessions facilitated by Dr. James Ediger and Brendan Boehr, which will consist of three group sessions (each one half-day; a total of 9 hours) over a period of up to approximately 5 weeks.
- Trained research assistants will observe you conducting DTT in the classroom for approximately 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week.
What are the benefits of participating?
- You will receive an honorarium of $178. Specifically, you will be paid $25 for completing this consent form and subsequent questionnaires. In addition, you will be paid $51 (i.e., $17/hour for 3 hours) upon completion of each of the three mindfulness sessions.
- Upon completion of the mindfulness training, you will receive a certificate of completion which will be reflected in your St.Amant employee file.
To learn more about this research opportunity, please contact Sophie Robitaille at email@example.com or 204-723-0145
Research Supervisor: Dr. Toby Martin Director St.Amant Research Centre, Assistant Professor, Department of Psychology University of Manitoba