The St.Amant Leisure Guide offers leisure and recreation opportunities for children and adults with developmental disabilities and autism who are supported by St.Amant.
We’re currently accepting proposals from those who have skills to share and wish to facilitate a proposed activity OR for individuals to deliver suggested activities that participants have asked for.
View the spring Leisure Guide catalogue as a reference for the type of activities offered.
Previous sessions were a great success and proved to be a place to make new friends and try new things.
Questions? Contact Shawna Coulthard at firstname.lastname@example.org or 204-256-4301 ext. 3368.
- Offers opportunities for meaningful and interactive leisure activities
- Offers opportunities for relationship building between participants and/or between volunteers and participants
- Fosters universality and participation
- Does not rely on incremental learning and application of skills from prior weeks
- Relevant skills and facilitator experience required to deliver the program including life or work experience with individuals with autism, developmental disabilities and/or acquired brain injuries
- Design and facilitate (8) 60-90 minute weekly program sessions to run between September 17-November 10, 2019 or design and facilitate (4) 60-90 minute bi-weekly program sessions to run between September 17-November 10, 2019.
- Attend a 1-hour facilitator orientation session (or a shorter version for past facilitators)
- Create a safe and respectful environment for participants, families and volunteers
- Create an environment that encourages relationship building
- Set-up/take-down supplies and equipment required for your program activities
- Know, understand, and carry out emergency protocols as outlined in the facilitator training
- Report weekly on program attendance, activity summaries, and accident reports