The St.Amant Leisure Guide offers leisure and recreation opportunities for children and adults with developmental disabilities and autism who are supported by St.Amant.
St.Amant is pleased to announce the continuation of the St.Amant Leisure Guide this fall, from September 17 to November 18. Programs will offer a variety of activities for all ages and abilities – both on-site and in external community settings. Previous program activity examples have included yoga, baking, oil & water painting, instrumental jamming, collaborative video-gaming, karaoke, crafting, and more.
- Accepting proposals from those who have skills to share and wish to facilitate a proposed activity.
- Looking for individuals to deliver suggested activities that participants have asked for.
Apply online: Deadline July 25, 2018.
- Offers opportunities for meaningful and interactive leisure activities
- Offers opportunities for relationship building between participants and/or between volunteers and participants
- Fosters universality and participation
- Does not rely on incremental learning and application of skills from prior weeks
- Relevant skills and facilitator experience required to deliver the program including life or work experience with individuals with autism, developmental disabilities and/or acquired brain injuries
- Design and facilitate (8) 30-90 minute weekly program sessions to run between September 17-November 18, 2018
- Or design and facilitate (4) 60-90 minute bi-weekly program sessions to run between September 17-November 18, 2018.
- Attend a 1-hour facilitator orientation session (or a shorter version for past facilitators)
- Create a safe and respectful environment for participants, families and volunteers
- Create an environment that encourages relationship building
- Set-up/take-down supplies and equipment required for your program activities
- Know, understand, and carry out emergency protocols as outlined in the facilitator training
- Report weekly on program attendance, activity summaries, and accident reports