Dear Autism Programs Families:
We have become aware that an employee working in the 440 River Road Autism Programs classroom has tested positive for COVID-19. We have been informed by our Occupational Health Services team that the employee was not working during their period of communicability.
We continue to ensure that the safety precautions we have proactively put in place are followed, which include:
- All staff screening for symptoms before attending work
- All children screening for symptoms and possible close contact before attending the classroom
- Staff wearing Universal Personal Protective Equipment, consisting of a procedural mask and eye protection, at all times when within six feet of children or other staff
- Enhanced cleaning protocols in the classroom
- Following all up-to-date Public Health guidelines
We suggest that all families continue to monitor their child and people within their household for any signs or symptoms of COVID-19 and self-isolate / get tested if you feel ill.
I want to thank you for your continued support and diligence everyday with screening. We are working hard to ensure that your children and families are safe every day.
Dr. Kerri Walters, C. Psych., BCBA-D
Director Autism Programs and Psychology Services