Dear Health & Transition Services Families:
Today we learned that an additional person supported within Adult Health Services West tested positive for COVID-19. This person supported first showed symptoms on December 2 and was placed on precautions immediately. Their first test was negative, however they were retested along with all other people supported in the area, and the second test result was positive. Appropriate isolation precautions were in place the entire time. The person supported is doing well, has no symptoms currently, and has been transferred to the Unit 2 of ASE (RED Zone).
The contact tracing for this case is underway and is close to being complete. We continue to monitor all people supported within Adult Health Service closely for symptoms.
Outbreak protocols continue throughout Health & Transition Services:
- We are suspending all admissions and rescheduling respite stays
- We are adjusting visitation until contact tracing is complete and the situation has stabilized a bit. Virtual visits are available for the people supported on AHSW and in the RED Zone.
- We are temporarily limiting non-essential movement of people supported off the affected service area until things stabilize
- We will continue to limit staff movement between service areas as much as possible
- We are cancelling all external clinics temporarily
- We continue to assist those we support to perform good hand hygiene and physical distancing
We are grateful to all staff for their support and to all families for your ongoing confidence and support in our team. Please feel free to call Joanne van Dyck at 204-256-4301 ext. 4226 at any time if you have questions.
Director, Health & Transition Services