Dear Families of St.Amant School,
We became aware, on Saturday, that a student who attends St.Amant School (Health & Transition Services) tested positive for COVID-19. This student is also supported within other St.Amant programs and as soon as they tested positive contact tracing began. The student was not around any other classmates or in the school environment during the period of communicability.
After contact tracing was completed within the school, it was determined that no staff were identified as close contacts due to no breaches in Personal Protective Equipment.
We continue to follow all precautions to minimize exposure to COVID-19, and these precautions remain our most critical defense against the spread of COVID-19:
- Staff self-screen for symptoms before shifts and do not work if symptomatic.
- Students self-screen for symptoms before attending school.
- All staff wear personal protective equipment to prevent potential transmission between staff members and students.
- Enhanced infection & prevention cleaning protocols are in place.
- If anyone begins to show symptoms, they will be isolated from everyone else and asked to return home.
The student is recovering without incident at home.
I want to thank all of you all for continuing to screen before attending school and for adhering to all Public Health guidelines that keep us all safe!
Principal, St.Amant School