Now Hiring Direct Support Professionals
Two Easy Steps To Apply
Step 1: If your answer to these four questions is, YES! You can likely start a new job in two weeks.
- Do you have a valid Manitoba class 5F or 5I Driver’s License? (Mandatory)
- Are you a Canadian resident or have a permit to work in Canada?
- Are you able to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination?
- Are you 18 years of age or have a high school diploma?
Step 2: Submit your resume and cover letter!
Go into work knowing you’re making a positive impact and your effort makes a difference in the lives of the people you support and those who love them. You’re not just an employee—you’re an advocate, walking alongside someone who faces constant barriers and unfair exclusion. Your work truly matters, and when you love what you do and how you’re both growing, it doesn’t feel like work.
Being a Direct Support Professional is a relationship, not just a job.
You support someone with a disability to live the life they want at work, at home, and in the community. And you’ll find it helps you live life the way you want, too.
On top of a dynamic, engaging, and fulfilling work environment, there are so many perks to being a DSP!
WHAT IS A DIRECT SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL (DSP)?
You may see the job title change—from Support Staff, Respite Worker, Home Staff, Day Program Staff, Employment Specialist, Key Worker or otherwise—but the goal is always the same: a Direct Support Professional offers necessary support to help people with disabilities thrive—at home, work, school, or wherever life takes them.
You’re along for the ride, ready to help the person you support overcome challenges and barriers, celebrate successes, navigate good and bad days, and grow. From tasks like meal prep or personal care like hygiene, to exploring the city or visiting friends, you’re there to help them navigate their lives and build skills and independence.
This takes trust and a personal connection, which you can establish by supporting them with their best interests and values in mind. The job requires you to be adaptable and flexible, which suits you if you’re looking for enriching experiences for you and the people you support each time you’re at work.
Now Hiring For:
- Support Worker: $14.95 – $18.30 an hour
- Treatment Staff: $15.83 – $19.88 an hour
- Keyworker: $16.24 – $19.59 an hour
Become a DSP
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF BEING A DSP?
- There are full-time, part-time or casual positions available in the industry that suit the hours you’re available (days, evenings, weekends or overnights)
- You can find a position at a location that suits you: in a day program, in someone’s home near your own, or go to work, school or hang out in the community with the person you support
- Learn a ton about life by walking alongside someone in their own journey. Become an expert personal banker, cook, or a sudden heavy metal or hockey expert
- The practical training, like CPR, as well as relationship-building and conflict resolution skills you learn here can go with you everywhere
Gain perspective on who’s being excluded or left out at a given time, and learn how to turn a ‘no’ into a ‘yes’
Growth and Training Opportunities
- There are plenty of opportunities for promotion and professional development
- St.Amant offers online and in-person training opportunities for free for all employees
- Your experience as a DSP will translate to growth in your life, future work and any relationship
Support and Health Benefits
- Get all the training you need while being paid on-the-job
- Gain a supportive team and all the mentorship you need to be successful, job-shadowing until you’re ready to start on your own
- Competitive health benefits for you and your family, including dental, vision, massage, chiropractor, travel insurance and more.
- The Alliance of Direct Support Professionals works to provide a voice and support for professionals