Literacy for Life
Literacy for Life: Learning in the Community – a tutor training program for assisting adult with intellectual disabilities.
St.Amant offers a ten-week course for individuals interested in tutoring adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. The course is offered Thursday (5:00 pm to 7:00 pm) from September 12th – November 14th 2013, at St.Amant’s River Road Place.
The course examines:
• Role of the tutor in a literacy setting
• Adult learning theory/learning styles
• Assessment and evaluation
• Teaching strategies
• Literacy approaches and resources
• Creating games and activities
• Developing a learner portfolio
The fee for the course and all materials is $150 with cheques payable to St.Amant School. For further information or an application form contact Jennifer Wahoski at email@example.com or 204-256-4301 Ext 4422.