8 Things You Need to Know About Manitoba Advocate for Children and Youth (MACY)
This training is open to St.Amant staff and Volunteers (exceptions apply). If you are a staff member, please speak to your supervisor to register. If you are not a St.Amant staff member, and would like more information about this training opportunity, please email email@example.com’
This session is designed for people working in the children’s disabilities sector in Manitoba. It will provide practical information about the Office of the Manitoba Advocate for Children and Youth (MACY), how it works, and how it can support the families you serve. The session will include a breakout discussion about systemic issues affecting children with disabilities and their families in Manitoba.
- Identify ways Manitoba Advocate for Children and Youth (MACY) can support the families you serve
- Apply strategies to advocate for children and families
- Share barriers children with disabilities and their families experience
Learn more about MACY’s report on disability services in Manitoba:
– Bridging the Gaps: animated video (7 minutes) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtI_7tFJwRY·
– Bridging the Gaps: executive summary (3 pages) https://manitobaadvocate.ca/wp-content/uploads/Bridging-the-Gap-Executive-Summary.pdf·
– Bridging the Gaps Special Report: https://manitobaadvocate.ca/wp-content/uploads/MACY-Report-Bridging-the-Gaps-Achieving-Substantive-Equality-for-Children-with-Disabilities-in-Manitoba.pdf
About the Presenters:
Whitney Moore is an Investigator at the Manitoba Advocate for Children and Youth. She felt called to advocacy work from a young age and is honoured to amplify the voices of children, youth and young adults across the province.
Whitney has a Bachelor of Social Work degree from the University of Manitoba and is registered with the Manitoba College of Social Workers. She is a proud daughter, sister, and auntie, and enjoys time outside with her dog.
Mae Choo-Mah is an Advocacy Officer at the Manitoba Advocate for Children and Youth. Since 2016, she is grateful to work with an amazing team at MACY. She is honoured to work with children and youth, ensure their voices are heard and their best interests recognized.
Mae is Chinese-Canadian, mother to two wonderful adult children and one adorable Newfie cross.
If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the details and we will do our best to accommodate you. Please contact us 7-10 days prior to your training event.
Si vous exigez des mesures d’adaptation dues à une incapacité ou une condition médicale, veuillez nous en informez en nous envoyant un courriel à l’adresse suivante: email@example.com. Nous ferons de notre mieux afin de vous accommoder. Merci denous contacter au moins 7 à 10 jours avant votre session de formation.
- 9 - 10
- Training title
- Training description