Mental Health First Aid (MHFA)
Online via Zoom
Registration Cost: $160
Who should register: This training is suggested to Direct Services Providers and Care Providers.
Overview: Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is the support provided to a person who may be experiencing a decline in their mental well-being or a mental health crisis. This virtual delivery of the Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) course consists of two parts; a prerequisite module and a full day facilitated training. Participants who take this course are well prepared to interact confidently about mental health with their family, friends, communities, and workplaces.
Before the full day virtual course, participants must complete a self-directed module (Module 1). Upon registration participants will receive access to Module 1 on the MHFA website, as well as access to the “MHFA Participant Reference Guide”. You can expect the self-directed module to take about two hours to complete.
Module 1 topics include:
- Introduction to the course
- Introduction to MHFA actions
Proof of completion must be submitted no later than 1 week before the start of the facilitated training. Please email your certificate of completion to email@example.com.
Participants will be required to join the full day training virtually, with a camera and microphone. Camera’s must remain on for the duration of the course.
Modules 2 and 3 topics include:
- Practice applying MHFA actions to situations of declining mental well-being
- Guidelines for MHFA conversations with people from diverse cultures and members of the 2SLGBTQ+ community
- Discussion on using MHFA actions for self-care
- Practice using MHFA actions in crisis situations
- recognize signs that a person may be experiencing a decline in their mental well-being or a mental health crisis;
- talk to someone about their mental well-being;
- assist someone to reach out for supports;
- use Mental Health First Aid actions to maintain one’s own mental well-being.
Corporate Education training is open to all St.Amant staff and volunteers, and hosted on Zoom. You may need approval from your supervisor to attend. If you are not a St.Amant staff, and would like more information about training, please email firstname.lastname@example.org