Apply to be a Vendor for the Free the Spirit Festival Farmers’ & Artisans’ Market
- June 26, 2017
The Free the Spirit Festival is more than a festival! It’s an opportunity to support and celebrate the diversity within our community at this inclusive outdoor event in support of St.Amant Foundation. Everyone is invited to attend (for FREE)! The Festival, attended by over 600 people, starts with a 2k walk for all to enjoy, and NEW this year, we are offering a 5k run or walk! We will have many other activities going on, such as food, inflatables, games, live music, and petting zoo – activities for everyone to enjoy!
This is our 3rd year of having a market at the festival, and we are looking for approximately 20 vendors to take part.
Date: Saturday, September 30th, 2017, 10am-2pm
Location: St.Amant Parking Lot – 440 River Road
Entry Fees: $20 per 6ft table
Sales: The Farmers’ and Artisans’ Market is a sale of unique, non-mass produced, handmade items or foods. All vendors considered for the event will be subject to a jury process. If you are selected you will be sent an agreement that must be signed and returned to St.Amant.
Promotion: The event will be promoted through St.Amant social media accounts and we would expect vendors to help us extend our reach through their own social media pages. Social media presence will be considered an asset in the selection of our vendors.
Space: Each vendor will have 1 table (6ft x 2.5ft), with two chairs, and limited amount of space around the table. All vendors must maintain and staff their booths for the full hours of the sale. Please note that you must provide your own tent, table cloth, and signage. All vendors must be set up by 10:00 am.
Deadline for submission is August 9, 2017, successful applicants will be contacted the following week.
For more information: Sara Jones | email@example.com | 204-256-4301 ext 2002
If you are interested in donating one of your items, we are always looking for prizes to be used as incentives to encourage fundraising.
Call for Volunteers for BubbleRun 5K Winnipeg
- June 19, 2017
BubbleRun 5K Winnipeg
Sunday, June 25th
6:30am – 11:30am
Volunteers will assist with traffic flow, operating bubble bogs on the course, registration, merchandise sales, and handing out high fives. Volunteers will be provided a volunteer event shirt and bottled water. The St.Amant Foundation will receive a donation for each volunteer that helps out.
If you’re interested in volunteering, please email Sara at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, June 23 if you would like to help.
*Volunteers must be 12+ and anyone 16 and under must have a parent or guardian present when volunteering.
Charity BBQ in support of St.Amant on Saturday, May 13
- May 10, 2017
Come out for the great deals at the Dakota Red River Co-op on Saturday, May 13, and stay for the St. Amant Charity Barbecue from 11:30am – 3:30pm.
Red River Co-op Food Store
850 Dakota Ave
How your generosity has helped over the past year
- May 9, 2017
Over this past year, your support has raised over $1.7 million. Every contribution directly improves the quality of life for children and adults with developmental disabilities supported by St.Amant every day!
Your generosity helps fund:
- The St.Amant Leisure Guide and FM Café– Your contributions have created the opportunity for nearly 400 people to participate in many different classes such as cooking, swimming, dance, art, basketball, Minecraft, and city tours. Your contributions also support the FM Café, a Friday evening party occurring every other week with live music, dancing, food & drink, and is free for individuals supported by St.Amant.
- Opportunities for recreation — Sports and cultural events, festivals, camping, movies, a trip to the spa, even expenses to attend one’s own high school graduation are important experiences that you helped make available to people with disabilities.
- Personal items and equipment — Specialized wheelchairs, modified bicycles, customized orthotic boots, major dental surgery, prescription glasses; these are important items that your donations support.
- Making education and technology accessible – Smart Boards and iPads, communication devices, guitar lessons, even a bartending course; your support is helping people with disabilities achieve a meaningful place in our community. By facilitating communication or developing a skill that can enable someone to have a job, your support fuels achievements.
- Renovations of the spaces people live and play – With your help, we are currently raising $5 million for renovations to the living areas in this building. Your donations also fund smaller renovations and purchases for the over 100 locations where we support people in the community. Sometimes it’s big purchases, like a new wheelchair accessible van, and other times it’s smaller gifts like new patio furniture, a BBQ or a TV.
- St.Amant Research Centre—Every day the research centre is working on projects for improved respite options, how best to help people with behavioural challenges, autism treatment effectiveness and best practice for people with intellectual disabilities as they age. They’re a constant source of support to our organization with partnerships worldwide.
Most of all, you are supporting friendships and connection in our community. David Pitonyak, an expert in supporting people with disabilities, says that no one is sick from a disability, people are sick from loneliness. Your help is ensuring the people in our community are connected in real relationships, and filling their days with things that are meaningful to them.
Thank you for acknowledging the value of children and adults with developmental disabilities every day.
Wildlife photography exhibit in support of St.Amant Foundation
- May 8, 2017
A wildlife photography exhibit by Jean-Pierre Parenty has its opening night on Friday, May 26 from 7pm – 11pm at X-Cues Cafe Lounge. Net proceeds of art sales go towards St.Amant Foundation. Prints of the photography are also available for purchase. The exhibit is on display until July 21, 2017.
X-Cues Cafe Lounge
551 Sargent Avenue