Tickets on sale for online 50/50 draw in support of St.Amant autism classrooms
- March 25, 2020
The Falcon Lake Winter Fish-Off is cancelled but you can still win boatloads of cash by purchasing your online 50/50 tickets, starting today! Last year’s winner took home $12,000 in cash! The 50/50 and all prize draws will be broadcast via Facebook Live on Saturday, March 28 at 2pm at www.facebook.com/winterfishoff.
Every ticket sold multiply the winnings. Proceeds will help pre-school children in St.Amant’s autism classrooms get set up for success in kindergarten.
Please invite your family and friends to get hooked on the jackpot, too!
Discounted Manitoba Moose Autism Awareness Game Tickets On Sale
- January 6, 2020
St.Amant Foundation has partnered for a 5th year for the Autism Awareness hockey game. The Manitoba Moose and True North Youth Foundation are providing a discounted rate to St.Amant staff, families and friends.
This discounted rate is only applicable for the Sunday, March 1st game. Tickets are $7 each.
- Sunday, March 1 at 2pm at BellMTS Place vs Chicago Wolves
- Visit St.Amant staff volunteering at gates 105 and/or 118 (item that will be available to purchase – TBC)
- Individuals supported by St.Amant will be doing the puck drop
- St.Amant video will be played during second intermission
- Sensory toolkits will be available at the game provided by the MB Moose (see Guest Services on the day of the game – first come, first served)
- Kids 2 and under do not need a ticket.
- Tickets will be grouped together.
- All tickets are assigned in Sections 100s & 200 (unless wheelchair accessible)
- Wheelchair accessible seating is limited and reserved for people supported by St.Amant.
- Email Lisa at email@example.com with your name, telephone and the # of tickets you will be purchasing for $7 each OR
- Visit Lisa in office W437 with your cash or cheque (payable to St.Amant Foundation) and a note or envelope with your name, telephone and # of tickets you are purchasing for $7 each.
- Lisa will reply to your email on February 7 – there are tickets for everyone!
Payment for tickets:
- Your ticket order must be paid by February 10 at 4pm.
- Ticket order can be paid with cash or cheque (payable to St.Amant Foundation).
- Your ticket order will not be processed if it is not paid by the February 10 deadline.
- Your ticket order will be available for pickup at St.Amant Foundation (office W437) or Reception Desk as of February 12.
- Your ticket order can be sent to your Manitoba Moose account for e-tickets.
- Your ticket order can be placed at Bell MTS Place Will Call and can be picked up with photo ID.
Payments must be made by February 10 at 4pm otherwise no tickets will be ordered for you (no exceptions).
Thankful for igniting a spark
- December 4, 2019
When a young person connects with a horse, it’s powerful. You’ve been making this happen for four young women this fall.
Every day, we’re thankful for you. For #ThankfulThursday we want to share a specific reason why. Every single day, children & adults with disabilities are experiencing a better life, because of your generosity.
Yesterday, four young women bundled up and travelled to a barn to spend the entire morning with horses they’ve been bonding with for the past five weeks. And they get to do it again this spring! Each young woman is working on individual goals, like using specific muscles, learning cause & effect and how to work as a team. All things they practice at school. But at the barn, practicing and learning looks more like loving. Connecting with a horse by brushing and putting curlers in their mane, tickling their chin, and cooing sweet things in their ears feels like spending time with a friend. Yet all of these gestures of love also improve coordination and fine motor skills.
Kailyn’s mom Shauna had the chance to experience the barn with her daughter. She said the personalized programs ignited a spark in her daughter. “With Kailyn, her eyes do the talking,” said Shauna.
Throwing dice and playing red light/green light are fun, the horses trot on command and the girls giggle in delight. These games also practice turn taking, following directions and cooperation.
Shauna said, “There were many warm-my-heart moments, thank you so much for this opportunity.”
Your support made it all happen. Thank you for bringing colour and new experiences to Kailyn and her friends’ lives.
St.Amant’s Gift Wrap & Coat Check returns for 10th year
- November 25, 2019
- The Christmas countdown is on and what better way to make your rushed to-do list more manageable than to stop by the St.Amant gift wrap and coat check at St. Vital Centre?
Since 2010, shoppers have raised more than $189,000 for St.Amant Foundation by visiting the gift wrap and coat check station. And year after year, dozens of volunteers eagerly sign up to fill every three-hour time slot throughout December. The Gift Wrap & Coat Check, sponsored by St. Vital Centre and Desjardins Financial Security Investments – St. Vital, operates December 1-24.
It’s easy to find near the London Drugs entrance and across from customer service and will be open during regular shopping centre hours. You also can’t miss the bright St.Amant signage. The St.Amant Foundation thanks St.Vital Centre for providing the large and welcoming space. The gift wrap and coat check station will be connected to the internet, allowing donations via credit card.
With so many reasons to visit before the mall closes on Christmas Eve, we hope St.Amant staff will encourage family and friends to come by and create their own holiday giving tradition.
St.Amant Spirit Cottage Celebrates 5 Years of Dream Getaways
- November 22, 2019
The St.Amant Spirit Cottage by Hans Kraus Family & Qualico is celebrating five years as a fully accessible retreat for children and adults supported by St.Amant to connect with nature, play in an inspiring and safe environment, enjoy spontaneous adventure and delight in recreation year-round.
The cottage is open for morning, afternoon, evening, all day and overnight bookings at no cost.
The four-season cottage is equipped with lifts, a wheelchair ramp, three bedrooms and has all the amenities one needs for a memorable weekend getaway, including an in-ground pool, pool house, fire pit and generous decking. With the support of many generous donors, this project will help ensure the people and their families we support will have a warm and relaxing recreational option that is inclusive and accessible for all. Located on the riverbank behind St.Amant in St. Vital, visitors won’t have to travel far to relax.
Led by $250,000 donations to the St.Amant Foundation from both the Hans Kraus Family and Qualico, the cottage was built with the help of over 25 major donors. Donations continue to allow the cottage to operate year round at no cost to the people and their families St.Amant support.
Please contact your program representative to book today.
Autism Programs, Health & Transition Services: Ruth Tailleur, Lead Administrative Assistant, 204.256.4301 ext. 4298, firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Services, Community Residential Program: Cheryl Hutchinson, Administrative Assistant, 204.256 4301 ext. 3347, email@example.com
Designated program representatives will handle bookings, which can be made up to 60 days in advance.