St. Boniface – St. Vital Kiwanis Charity Golf Classic
With this year’s contribution of $86,000 from the St. Boniface-St. Vital Kiwanis Charity Golf Classic, the organization has donated ONE MILLION dollars in support of St.Amant.
June 13th marked the 50th year of support from the dedicated service club which currently includes: Roger Tychonick, Bob Ford, Lloyel Hull, Michael Guertin, Bert De Leeuw, Aurèle Foidart, Don Bulger, Craig Murray, David Boisjoli, Harry Bosma, and Bob Langdon.
The group was honoured with the St.Amant Together Award, for their dedication, partnership and ongoing support to further St.Amant’s mission and values by supporting the dignity and human rights of people with developmental disabilities and autism.
THE EVENT WAS A HUGE SUCCESS THANKS
TO THESE GENEROUS SPONSORS:
Val Thompson & Family
Western Waste Management
Maplewood Golf Course
Oakwood Roofing & Sheet Metal Co.
Superior Asphalt Paving Co.
Bio-Static Digital Office Solutions & Lexmark
Maxim Truck & Trailer
Bornhorst Mechanical Inc.
Canadian Mechanical Specialty Sellors & Associates / Investment Planning Council
WD Industrial Group
Banville & Jones
Winnipeg Old Country Sausage & City Bread Co.
GNR Camping World
Kildonan Motor Inn
The Ed & Margaret Guertin Scholarship was awarded to Amy Tang, a dedicated six-year volunteer studying Health Sciences at the University of Manitoba.
The Robert F. De Leeuw Memorial Scholarship was awarded to Bethany Shtykalo, who hopes to lead the Army of Extravaganzas group and has been accepted into the Faculty of Science at the University of Manitoba.
Thank you again to all the golfers, sponsors and volunteers who made this tournament a success!
Over the past 20 years, proceeds from this tournament have made a significant difference in the quality of life for children and adults with developmental disabilities. The $1 million raised at this tournament has helped with:
- Outfitting bedrooms and common areas at 440 River Road with overhead lifts as well as purchasing and installing lifts for over 80 St.Amant community homes throughout Winnipeg.
- Contributing to the 4-season Spirit Cottage located on the riverbank behind 440 River Road – this accessible cottage is used all year for recreation, leisure, quality family time and vacations for the most vulnerable people supported by St.Amant.
- Covering the costs for the FM Café and Leisure Guide and individual leisure activities which gives people supported by St.Amant the opportunity to get out, meet new friends and experience new adventures
- Renovations to two living areas located at 440 River Road – taking them out of the 1980s and making them bright and beautiful
- Purchasing specialized bikes to give people a fun way to get fresh air and exercise
- Funding critical research at the St.Amant Research Centre that gives service providers concrete ways to improve communication, quality of life and health for all people with disabilities
Questions? Contact Juliette Mucha at 204-258-7052 or firstname.lastname@example.org.