St. Boniface – St. Vital Kiwanis Charity Golf Classic
This year marks a HUGE milestone, as we celebrate and thank supporters for helping the St. Boniface-St. Vital Kiwanis raise OVER $1 MILLION dollars for St.Amant! You won’t want to miss the St. Boniface-St. Vital Kiwanis Charity Golf Tournament on Thursday, June 13 at the St. Boniface Golf Club starting at 10:30am (shotgun start at noon).
Over the past 20 years, proceeds from this tournament have made a significant difference in the quality of life for children and adults with developmental disabilities. The $1 million raised at this tournament has helped with:
- Outfitting bedrooms and common areas at 440 River Road with overhead lifts as well as purchasing and installing lifts for over 80 St.Amant community homes throughout Winnipeg.
- Contributing to the 4-season Spirit Cottage located on the riverbank behind 440 River Road – this accessible cottage is used all year for recreation, leisure, quality family time and vacations for the most vulnerable people supported by St.Amant.
- Covering the costs for the FM Café and Leisure Guide and individual leisure activities which gives people supported by St.Amant the opportunity to get out, meet new friends and experience new adventures
- Renovations to two living areas located at 440 River Road – taking them out of the 1980s and making them bright and beautiful
- Purchasing specialized bikes to give people a fun way to get fresh air and exercise
- Funding critical research at the St.Amant Research Centre that gives service providers concrete ways to improve communication, quality of life and health for all people with disabilities
Questions? Contact Danny Ali at 204-258-7050 or DAli@stamant.ca.