April 14, 2020
Four organizations within the Catholic Health Corporation of Manitoba are offering free counselling and health services to children, teens and adults to help respond to the growing need for health and mental health services during this global pandemic. Now more than ever, Manitobans need quick and easy access to health and social services, remotely.
The organizations in our network have the capacity to offer their services to new and existing clients, immediately. These organizations have been open to Manitobans for over 40 years and continue to evolve with the changing needs of our population.
Here is a list of free services that are open to the public and available right now:
Aulneau Renewal Centre is offering wellness checks, staffed by counsellors, on the phone and online for anyone who may have anxiety, feel socially isolated and/or have uneasy feelings during this pandemic. Services are open to anyone 16 years and older.
Sara Riel Inc. is offering three services remotely, on the phone, to anyone 18 years and older:
- The Seneca Warm Line: a 24 hour phone line available to anyone who is looking to sort their thoughts and feelings with a peer who has experience with addiction and mental health challenges.
- The Employment Warm Line: for anyone experiencing a challenging financial time or in need of employment, this phone line can help you with your employment issues at this uncertain time.
- The Employer Warm Line: this phone line is open to managers and employers to help provide resources and guidance on wellness services for themselves and their workforce during this unprecedented time. Note: Sara Riel Inc. is still accepting new clients. Anyone facing mental health or addiction challenges can access services at this time.
Youville Centre is offering mental health and health services such as counselling, dietician consult, information on sexual health and much more, for people of all ages (youth, teen and adults).
In the coming weeks, Centre de santé Saint-Boniface will offer online health and wellness programs. Centre de sant’és Walk-In Connected Care Clinic is open 7 days a week. Following strict protocols, you can come to the clinic to receive services from a nurse or nurse practitioner for non-COVID-19 related illnesses. It is advisable to call the clinic ahead at 204-940-3838 to determine if a clinic visit is recommended.
These four organizations continue to provide services to their existing clients. For more information:
Aulneau Renewal: For a wellness check-in, call 204-987-7090 or complete your form at aulneau.com.
Sara Riel: sararielinc.com.
- For the Seneca Warm line, call 204-942-9276 or 204-231-0217
- For the Employment Warm line, call 204-237-9263, ext. 137.
- For the Employer Warm line, call 204-237-9263, ext. 125.