Dietitians are healthcare professionals who are trained to provide advice and counseling about diet, food, and nutrition. Dietitians help people make healthy food choices to ensure optimal nourishment. The dietitians at St.Amant support both adults and children living with developmental disabilities and autism. Dietitians provide specialized information and training in homes, day programs, and community settings throughout Manitoba.
A Dietitian at St.Amant can help with:
- General nutritional assessment (calories, protein, etc.).
- Specialized diets for specific syndromes such as Prader-Willi Syndrome, Down Syndrome, autism, etc.
- Management of chronic diseases such as diabetes, celiac disease, and cardiovascular disease.
- Improving food repertoire for picky or problem eaters.
- Guidance for weight loss or weight gain.
- Strategies to decrease constipation and/or diarrhea.
- Meal planning for individuals with food allergies or food intolerances.
- Learning and understanding healthy eating, reading food labels, and hands on assistance such as grocery store tours.
For more information please contact Central Intake at 204-258-7041 or email@example.com.