Physiotherapy is a health care profession that focuses on developing and maintaining people’s ability to move and function throughout their lives.
Physiotherapists work to promote wellness, mobility and independence in individuals who are affected by a wide range of conditions and symptoms. They treat and prevent many problems caused by pain, illness, disability, disease, ageing and long periods of inactivity.
Physiotherapists use their skills to:
- treat underlying causes of pain and limitations in movement and function
- to help individuals develop or regain their mobility and maximize their potential
- promote healthy lifestyles and exercise
- promote safe and healthy activities
- Work with individuals with coordination, balance and other movement problems to improve and maximize their independence.
A Physiotherapist at St.Amant is able to assess, treat or make recommendations on:
- Range of motion, strength and gross motor function
- Gross motor development
- Respiratory techniques to help with airway clearance
- Individualized exercises and stretching programs
- Appropriate transfer/lift methods
- Manual wheelchairs and seating systems
- Positioning devices, orthotics, mobility equipment and mobility aids
For more information on Physiotherapy, please contact Central Intake at 204-258-7041 or email@example.com.