Comprehensive Health Service
The Comprehensive Health Service is a referral based service for adults with developmental disabilities where barriers to comprehensive health assessments exist. This may include a person’s level of mobility and/or communication and behaviour.
It is a partnership between Centre de santé and St.Amant. It is a 2-year commitment with funding provided by The Winnipeg Foundation.
This clinic is led by a nurse practitioner with the support of a developmental disability nurse consultant from St.Amant’s community nursing service.
If you or the person you support would benefit from this service, please ask that your family doctor or community social worker make a referral by faxing Attention: Central Intake to 204-258-7065
or by mailing to:
St.Amant Central Intake
440 River Road
- Comprehensive Health Services Referral Form (WORD)
- Comprehensive Health Services Referral Form (PDF)
- Comprehensive Health Services Printable Referral Form (WORD)
- Comprehensive Health Services Printable Referral Form (PDF)
- Comprehensive Health Services Brochure
The goal of this clinic is to improve access to comprehensive health assessment services for people with developmental disability in an integrated collaborative team approach.
- A nurse from the clinic will establish contact and help to identify strategies for successful assessment. This may include a home visit.
- The nurse will document health information in preparation for the clinic.
- An appointment will be scheduled for assessment at the clinic with the nurse practitioner.
- If there are reasons a clinic visit is not possible, the nurse will help find other options.
- The nurse will support the individual and their support person to participate as fully as possible in the assessment at the clinic with the nurse practitioner.
- The assessment information and findings will be completed and shared electronically or by mail with both the individual and their primary health care provider.
- The nurse will provide outreach and education as required until such time as the person is closed to the service.
The service operates on Wednesday afternoons.
With a family centred approach, each appointment will be scheduled to last one hour and a nurse practitioner and nurse consultant will take each person through a comprehensive health assessment in a meaningful, empowering way.
170 Goulet Street Winnipeg, MB
T 204 258.7041
F 204 257.4349