Spirit Cottage Pool
The St.Amant Spirit Cottage pool is available for use by people we support, their families, and all St.Amant staff (including when not on shift) and opens summer 2021. Due to the pandemic, guests must signup for specific times. A sign-up link will be shared at a later date. Pool Program Facilitators will be onsite and are all lifeguard certified.
- Physical distancing guidelines apply to all guests who may need help in the pool.
- Up to 10 people can be in the pool area at once: a maximum of 5 people in the pool and 5 on deck.
- Only independent swimmers are allowed to use to the pool this summer; staff cannot support individuals in the water.
- Click here for safety rules.
- The mechanical lift in the change room and the electrical overhead lift adjacent to the pool will not be used this summer.
- No PPE will be allowed in the pool. Staff must wear PPE on deck. Everyone else is encouraged to wear PPE if able to.
Pool Spot Sign Up:
- Starting Monday, July 19
- Monday – Friday: 12 pm – 8pm
- Saturday & Sunday: Those staying at the Spirit Cottage will have exclusive use of the outdoor pool from 10 am – 6 pm.
Through a grant with Canada Summer Jobs, we are employing four Pool Program Facilitators for the summer. All four are lifeguard certified. Staff should note that the lifeguards cannot provide direct care to anyone unless it is an emergency situation. When you come to the pool, please ensure you bring your own items such as towels, wipes, sunscreen, etc. There’s a washroom, change room, and pool house at the pool. In addition, furniture has been purchased to make time at the pool a more enjoyable experience. A barbecue is also available but you must bring your own barbecue utensils.
- The pool is behind the St.Amant Spirit Cottage located at 444 River Road. Click here for directions.
- Volunteer Services, 204-258-7048