January 30, 2017
Registration is now open for iCan Shine Winnipeg’s iCan Bike Camp in July 2017. iCan Shine is an international charitable nonprofit organization that collaborates with local organizations and individuals to conduct over 100 five-day iCan Bike programs in 32 States and 4 Provinces in Canada serving nearly 3,000 people with disabilities each year. Approximately 80% of participants in the iCan Bike program ride a two-wheel bicycle independently by the end of the five-day program. The remaining 20% make great progress towards this goal.
Requirements for Participation (Rider must meet all of below criteria):
- Minimum of 8 years of age
- Have a disability
- Able to walk without assistive device
- Willing and able to wear a properly fitted bike helmet
- Able to sidestep to both sides
- Able to attend camp all 5 days
- Maximum weight 220 lbs.
- Minimum inseam of 20” (measure from floor while rider is wearing sneakers)