Feeding / Swallowing Nutrition Team (FSNT)
This service helps people who, for a variety of reasons, have trouble eating. We help people who have trouble chewing and swallowing and people who may cough, choke or gag while eating. The goal of the clinic is to assess and give guidance so the person can enjoy meal times safely, with optimal nutrition.
The Feeding Swallowing Nutrition team consists of Speech Language Pathologists,Occupational Therapists and Registered Dietitians. We may also consult withPhysicians, Pharmacists, Dentists and Behaviour Analysts.
Our team looks at mealtime and nutrition holistically. We may ask questions like:
- What do you like to eat?
- How do you sit while eating?
- Where do you sit at mealtime?
- Who is with you when you eat?
These questions will help us make recommendations that support life long health and independence.
We also offer workshops that are open to the public twice a year.
- Adults enrolled with Community Living disability Services Referrals can come from through
Referrals can come from:
- Community Living disAbility Services( CLdS)Community Services Worker(CSW)
- Clinicians and other health professionals
You can find their eligibility requirements here:
Please reach out to St.Amant Central Intake
at 204-258-7041 for more information.