Adults & Seniors

Clinical Service / Allied Health


Social Work


Social workers promote services and develop strategies to work with families and systems within Health and Transition Services (H&TS). Social workers work closely with external stakeholders, including Employment and Income Assistance, Community Living disability Services, Children’s disability Services, Child and Family Services, thePublic Guardian and Trustee of Manitoba, and other community agencies. Social workers give families information about community services that could help them or their loved ones, and provide emotional supports for people working through challenging situations and/or significant life changes.

Social workers may coordinate the intake or admission process to H&T Sand/or other St.Amant Programs. They also help coordinate transition planning out of H&TS where there is no CDS/CLDS involvement. Social workers also work with H&TS to ensure that situations of abuse/undignified treatment are reported to the correct regulatory bodies.

The social worker advocates for and empowers individuals within H&TS and are guided by an understanding of the psychosocial and environmental factors involved in long-term disabilities and adjustment. Social workers are responsible for initiating Age of Majority planning as the individual approaches adulthood, and can also act as a Commissioner of Oath.

overview icon, four different coloured arrows pointing outwards in different directions

Who Qualifies?

  • People supported in Health & TransitionServices (H&TS)
who qualifies icon, question mark in front of a person


Please reach out to St.Amant Central Intake at

204-258-7041 for more information.

Événements et formations

No event found!