November 3, 2016
St.Amant’s Take Our Kids To Work Day for Senior 1 (Grade 9) students was a great success. A continental breakfast started the day off, followed by a short presentation about St.Amant and then a visit from John Leggat, President & CEO, who talked about his career, the people St.Amant supports and the organization overall.
Staff who will have children in Senior 1 next year can register their child to shadow them. Take Our Kids To Work Day happens on the first Wednesday of November and is organized by the HR Consultants. Information will be available next fall.
Benefits of Take Our Kids To Work
For students, It’s an opportunity to:
- Understand the importance of staying in school by learning first-hand what skills are required in today’s workplace.
- Start exploring career options in a practical way and gain a better understanding of just how many career choices are open to them.
- Develop an appreciation for their parents’ careers and roles in supporting their families.
For parents, it’s preparing your child for the future. You can:
- Participate in a shared experience with your child.
- Begin a career dialogue based on actual experiences.
- Enrich your child’s experience with discussions before, during and after the workplace visit.